Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team and help shape the investment of our R&D organization. The successful candidate will effectively synthesize our investment information across a complex organization. This role will be primarily responsible for tracking how our engineering resources are deployed across our communications products, as well as connect our hiring growth forecast to business milestones. This role will also play an active role in preparing and presenting the product level P&Ls.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building and developing best practices in a high growth environment while living the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Heavy Excel experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes.
- Understanding of P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics.
- Project management or programmatic experience a strong plus.
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting and variance analysis. ROI modeling / reporting is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magics values:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage the investments across all of our communications products. Identify risks and opportunities to our forecast, as well as recommend and implement operational improvements.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report and communicate our strengths and weaknesses with uncensored honesty. Keep ourselves honest by providing transparent reporting into the health of our business.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build an analysis & reporting cadence to scale with our growth.