Propel is looking for an HR Generalist who will uplevel our People policies, systems, and culture! As our HR Generalist, you’ll create and manage the employee handbook, own our PEO relationship with Sequoia, uplevel the People team’s understanding of HR compliance and tax law, and create solutions and policies on the fly for things like LOA, immigration, benefits, and payroll. But the right person will not only manage what’s currently in place, they will also be a key partner in creating and designing what’s to come! Our future HR Generalist can face the ambiguity inherent to a 100 percent, growing company and come up with creative, delightful, and compliant People First solutions.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- An Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity)
- A remote first working environment with an HQ in Brooklyn, an office in Salt Lake City, and satellite offices in San Francisco + Los Angeles. Team meets quarterly in-person for optional retreats and on-sites.
- 20 Days of PTO
- $10k lifetime spend towards Carrot Fertility
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision options
- Free access to Ginger mental health, Gympass, Headspace, One Medical, Rightway, Sofi, and Spring Health
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain the employee handbook and org chart
- Own PEO relationships and similar HR tech infrastructure and maintain systems fidelity
- Own benefits communication and documentation; Partner with the Head of HR on an annual benefits renewal strategy
- Partner with Finance to execute the bimonthly payroll
- Partner with IT for systems onboarding and offboarding
- Create policies and act as the go to person for questions related to LOA, immigration, employee relations, payroll, benefits, employment, etc
- Partner with the Head of HR on key initiatives that impact culture and performance
What you have:
- 5-7 years of experience in the People space at a scaling Series B startup
- SHRM, PHR, or similar certification is a nice to have
- People First mentality: You’re motivated to help People and eager to find ways to create delight, offer support, and find solutions where you can.
- Creative problem solving: You creatively solve People problems, with excellent communication and collaboration skills and create actions and priorities through synthesis.
- Propensity to build: You see the lack of processes and procedures as an opportunity for impact, without defaulting to paid services.
- Strong EQ and excellent communication skills: Compassionate and thoughtful, you’re always able to make sure everyone feels seen, understood, and valued when they seek your help or guidance, either in person or in slack.
- A deep interest in Propel’s Mission and a desire to put more money back in the pockets of Americans with limited income.
Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $130,000 – $160,000.