About our Engineering Team
The BetterLesson Engineering Team is composed of highly skilled software developers, visionary UI designers, and experienced product managers that together form a world-class software development team. Our small team is committed to DEI practices and we infuse these values into every piece of software we create.
The platform we have built is used to deliver some of the best culturally responsive teaching and learning content, amongst many amazing student-centered strategies. We have created an environment where our coaches thrive during their collaboration with our teachers, and our teachers are just as delighted to engage in their professional development with us.
As a member of this team, your technical contributions will have an immediate impact on the mission of the company and the professional growth of teachers across the country.
- Designing, building, and maintaining full-stack, web applications within our product portfolio
- Support effective software delivery as a champion of Agile methodologies
- Ensure creation of high-quality products through adherence and refinement of standards, patterns, and processes
- Foster a culture of growth by sharing knowledge and best practices with your peers
We commonly work with these technologies:
- React JS, TypeScript
- Python, Flask
- HTML 5
- Cloud based IaaS and PaaS
- Infrastructure as Code
- Cloud-based data lake platform services
- Formal Computer Science training, through either:
- a college degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree, or
- a combination of coding boot camp experience and 2+ years of training on the job, or
- 3+ years of training on the job
- You apply an owners’ mindset to your craft by taking accountability for results
- You have advanced knowledge in one or more frameworks or programming languages
- Advanced knowledge is defined as the ability to build most solutions using the best practices of the language/framework without the assistance of others
- You have built multiple small to medium or at least one large scale customer-facing web application(s) using a variety of user interface technologies
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.