As a Starburst Data Customer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our customers that submit break/fix and other technical problems. You’ll recommend approaches ranging from guidance on to tuning of JVMs to troubleshooting security and integration-related issues to ensure our customers can maximize their experience using Trino. You’ll also liaison with other teams including to ensure customers are serviced appropriately and in a timely fashion.
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in deploying and debugging complex systems. Background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs and navigating a complex Java codebase are beneficial technical skills. Equally important are strong communication skills, and the ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment when needed.
Presto encompasses a wide range of technologies, therefore a curiosity to learn and explore various approaches and solutions is a must, and most important is the desire and ability to learn and work cross-functionally in a highly customer success oriented company.
- Respond to and resolve customer technical tickets within specified SLA windows
- Contribute to our growing knowledge base
- Collaborate with our pre and post sales teams to ensure cross functional alignment and customer satisfaction
- Escalate and manage escalated issues with our Director of Technical Services and Engineering to ensure good outcomes for our customers
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
- SSL/TLS * Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)