Dandy is hiring Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly scaling technology organization. As one of Dandy’s early engineers, you will play a key role in the success of our team and company. You’ll be challenged to learn new technologies, given the freedom to solve problems on your own, and will learn by doing.
Our stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, NestJS, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, GCP
What You’ll Do
- Develop features and improvements to Dandy’s products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Reinvent an analog experience and disrupt a legacy industry through novel and scalable product design.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within EPD to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in a high growth startup environment
- Ability to understand how our business functions and how challenges and bottlenecks can be addressed through the Engineering team.
- A collaborative, pragmatic, and growth-oriented mindset. We are a small but mighty team and everyone must be aligned on our goals.
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first organization.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with TypeScript
- Time spent at a venture-backed startup during hyper-growth
- Relentlessly positive attitude, a strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that celebrates authenticity to win as one. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
At Dandy, we fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We are dedicated to embracing challenges and creating an accessible, inclusive workplace for all individuals. If you require any accommodations for your interview or have any questions beforehand, rest assured that we will move at Dandy speed and do everything in our power to meet your needs.
Benefits & compensation
- $180K – $200K • Offers Equity
- $200K – $222.5K • Offers Equity