At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences on earth. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized video messages and live calls, merchandise from their favorite stars and creators, and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans – as well as their fellow colleagues – each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet – Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable – When was the last time you said, “wow, that sh!t was cool!”
- Run Through Walls – How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity – Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag – we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 As the world continues to shift and shape, so do we. Our Where We Work program offers a combination of hub office locations, work from home, and fully remote roles to ensure we’re building a diverse and inclusive team.
Cameo’s Where We Work expectations differ by team. Our sales function is expected to meet in a hub office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Other teams like marketing, engineering, and product can work from anywhere on a regular basis. Hub office locations are open to all employees, no matter where in the world they live.
🎁 The goods – competitive salaries, equity, health insurance, 401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days 🐪 (aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will have you LOL-ing – just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and improve APIs, services, and systems across Cameo’s engineering teams
- Help scale our backend architecture and migrate to a service-oriented future
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor junior engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience building scalable, resilient backend systems
- Proficiency in concepts related to data modeling, data storage (SQL, NoSQL), data streaming (Kafka, Kinesis), and caching (Redis)
- Enjoy, and have experience building, efficient, typesafe and documented APIs (gRPC, Thrift, GraphQL, Swagger, JSON:API)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces and on schedule
- Possess excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Bonus points if you have experience or are eager to learn about:
- AWS ecosystem- Redshift, SQS, Kinesis, API Gateway, and Lambda
- Test- or Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) practices
- Event-driven architecture
- Scaling microservices
- Information security standards & methodologies
- Container (Docker) and container orchestration experience (Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible)