We’re a remote-first company (even before the pandemic) committed to expanding access to healthcare, while destroying the stigma around sexual health by delivering safe and discreet care for anyone who needs it. All while supporting each other personally and professionally with unlimited PTO, flexible schedules, and competitive compensation, and that we are actively building a diverse and inclusive culture.
As of December 2022, we have served over 600,000 patients across the nation and are part of the WELL Health family.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of Full-Stack Engineers in building products that empower our patients. This individual will work across our platform, building and maintaining software that serves patients and internal users alike. This individual loves mentorship and is excited to collaborate with fellow engineers to develop and implement architectural and technical standards. This individual has a product-based mindset and is equally excited to impact our patients’ lives as they are to build software.
Founded in 2018 in San Francisco, CA, wisp is on a mission to broaden access to the treatment and education necessary to live a fulfilling (sex) life by empowering people to make timely and safe reproductive health choices. We connect patients with hassle-free sexual healthcare through discreet and immediate online access with convenient treatment that saves them time, money, and stress. We are a growing, fully-remote team and are looking for team members who are committed to our mission, passionate about results, eager to build something amazing, and excited to have high levels of ownership, accountability, and personal growth.
- Build For Our Patients: Deliver high-quality code that meets our technical standards but, more importantly, meets our patients’ needs. Work with other developers to build and optimize the entirety of our platform of internal tools, patient-facing applications, and our online storefront.
- Architecture Stewardship: Aid in the definition and implementation of our architectural standards through code and architecture reviews, design sessions, mentorship, and your own code. Pragmatically balance our need to move quickly with building reliable, well-structured, extensible code.
- Project Leadership: Lead complex projects in close partnership with Product Managers, Designers, Stakeholders, and fellow Engineers. Help set the technical direction of the implementation, work with other developers to appropriately estimate work, and partner with QA to ensure we are delivering quality software.
- Mentorship: Be hands-on with fellow engineers, helping them uplevel their software development, time management, and architectural design skills. Work out loud, documenting your thinking for feedback and education.
- 5+ years experience in a Full-Stack Engineering role.
- 5+ years experience working in Typescript, React, Python, Flask, or other modern languages and frameworks.
- 5+ years experience with relational database systems – PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL.
- Professional experience working in a cloud-based environment – AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure.
- Collaborative approach to software engineering that empowers other developers on the team.
- Experience working with sensitive data (such as protected health information) or in a regulated environment is a plus.
- Remote-first working experience with team members in Hawaii, California, Oregon, Mexico, Canada, New York, Ohio, North Carolina, Ukraine, and more!
- The satisfaction that comes with making a direct improvement on healthcare in the US.
- Very competitive compensation and equity participation.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flexible vacation and we ask our employees to strive for at least 15 personal vacation days per year.
- Nine company holidays.