WorkOS is a developer platform that helps make apps enterprise-ready. We build tools and services for developers to help them implement features like Single Sign-On, Directory Sync, Multi-Factor Auth, and Audit Logs.
We’re a fully-distributed team with employees across US and EU time zones. We’re well-funded, having recently raised an $80M Series B. Customers include Webflow, Vercel, PlanetScale, Loom, and many more of today’s fastest growing SaaS companies.
Our core values are based on trust, collaboration, and customer obsession. We love pursuing new challenges and care deeply about the quality of our work.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to optimize how our team produces code and collaborates to build WorkOS. You’ll be skilled at building trust and credibility across the engineering team, while identifying pain points and recommendations to improve how we build software internally. You’ll serve as bridge between infrastructure, product, and leadership to make sure our tools and systems are maturing alongside our product.
- Conducting internal research to understand each of our engineers and how they work
- Building cross-functional trust by listening to and understanding each of your teammates
- Synthesizing the variety of needs and asks into a cohesive strategy that leadership will understand and support
- Interfacing with leadership & vendors to procure the right tools and environments to suit your teammates
- Crafting a long-term strategy that makes appropriate tradeoffs with short-term needs and asks
- Being a credible and visible voice at the company to make sure people know they’re being heard and understood
- Optimizing codebase patterns, building toolchains, CI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience rolling out team-wide process/tooling changes
- Ability to identify the tradeoffs & needs of companies as they scale; ideally you’ve seen how both start-ups & mature companies operate
- Understanding of developer tool chains, including IDEs, text editors, compilers, debuggers and shells
- Experience writing documentation, including technical guides, coding standards and tutorials
- 8+ years experiences in software development
- Our stack is TypeScript, React, and Postgres (bonus points if you are familiar with these, but it’s not required)
Benefits (US Only) 💖
At WorkOS, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and fully remote working arrangements.
– Competitive pay
– Substantial equity grants
– Healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision) for you and your family
– 401k matching
– Wellness and fitness monthly allowances
– Flex vacation policy
– Autonomy and flexibility with remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
WorkOS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.