Copper is not just another CRM. It’s the only CRM that is 100% focused on helping clients build the strongest possible business relationships that will win them customers for life. While most CRMs are glorified databases with legions of custom fields, Copper takes a human and action-centered approach and functions at the heart of a business.
Copper surprises people: clients tell us they actually love their CRM, as this was previously a feat of impossibility. We’re turning CRM on its head by offering a beautifully crafted, Google Workspace-native tool that offers transparency, collaboration, and productivity.
It’s an exciting time to be part of this category, where there are few individual players left who are truly capable of capturing significant market share. We are one of them with a strong foothold in the space, and funds raised of $100 million.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help innovate and deliver on our product vision. As a product ambassador and member of the design team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact by using user research, user experience, interaction design, and visual design to ship a product that small and medium-sized businesses love to use.
This role will report directly to our Director of Product Design and you’ll work with our product team and engineering team as well as cross-functional partners like customer success. You’ll ensure a consistent and high-quality user experience while creating repeatable systems and guides that help design scale across the organization.
We have hubs in Toronto, Canada and in the San Francisco, United State and we’re remote flexible.
What you’ll do …
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems to help our customers manage their business relationships and core business processes
- Design simple, easy-to-use experiences that delight our users
- Guide collaboration with PMs, engineers, customer support, sales and marketing to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Design solutions for a variety of touch areas: web app, Chrome extension, Android, and iOS
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers by using empathy, curiosity, and good research skills
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and our roadmap with the product team
- Provide and seek feedback early and often to always push the bar for quality
- Take ownership of the design and user experience for one or more of our core features
- Bring a systems approach when creating solutions and design for scale
- Validate your designs through prototyping, user testing, and talking to customers before and after shipping
- Contribute to our design system to help the team run smoothly
- Shape and grow our design culture by participating in shared studio time, design office hours, sharing inspiration, and bringing new ideas to the company
What you’ll bring …
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a product design or UX design role with experience leading and executing on projects big and small
- Experience working on SaaS, SMB, or B2B products
- A portfolio showing strong expertise across research, user experience, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Experience designing digital products and systems end to end, not just websites. You’ve shipped multiple products
- An obsession about UX and the ability to produce high quality visual and interaction design
- A portfolio that isn’t just high-fidelity mock-ups, you show process, sketches, collaboration, reflection, and chicken scratch
- At least 1 detailed case study in your portfolio
- Experience managing large problems and breaking them down into bite-sized measurable chunks
- Advocacy for design by articulating and presenting the rationale behind your proposed ideas
- Care about moving your team forward and looking for ways to positively impact the team, not just the product
- Experience in first-hand user research experience, and owning your design process
- Experience seeking out and providing meaningful feedback because you know it’s the best way to grow
- A proven track record of your leadership qualities
NOTES TO APPLICANTS:
* Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio*
Our teams are located in Canada and in the United States. We are remote-flexible, and we are an equal-opportunity employer.
At Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Note about Copper’s remote-flexible work policy:
We are working remotely and doing our part to ensure that our employees and future employees are healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. If you are invited to our interview process, we will conduct all meetings via video conference. All new employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them in advance.