Over the last 24 months, we’ve experienced significant growth; >10xing revenue and ~3xing our customer base. We raised >$90M of venture capital and became profitable. We expect that growth to continue, and the Business Operations Lead job is critical on that journey. You will work closely with leaders to drive top-priority initiatives across all facets of the business. You will need to context switch across multiple parallel projects, build relationships across all teams, and help keep the business moving forward as necessary. You possess a unique blend of ambition and meticulous attention to detail, coupled with a strong orientation towards processes and organization tied to the growth of the business.Your approach to work is characterized by a strong bias for action. When you identify an opportunity, you don’t just stop at ideation; you are adept at creating actionable plans and driving them to fruition. Analytical rigor underpins your decision-making process – you are fluent in the language of data and metrics, using them as a cornerstone to drive business decisions and continuously improve our operational metrics. This role is pivotal in shaping how our company grows during a critical time.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement mission-critical cross-functional projects including:
- Strategic Finance – generate quantitative and qualitative insights across all facets of the business; from headcount planning to pricing.
- People ops / recruiting – create the operational infrastructure needed for an efficient and effective end-to-end recruitment process, from initial interaction through onboarding.
- Marketing – help define and implement our candidate marketing and external branding strategy
- Other special projects working in partnership with the head of finance and business unit leaders, including revenue forecasting, talent reporting, and defense specific operations problems.
What we’re looking for
- Experience at a top consulting firm, bank, or growing start-up
- Experience hiring and managing a small, high performing ops or business operations team
- Taking functions from zero to one and successfully managing those functions as they scale
- Ownership of projects where you mapped complex systems, gathered and analyzed data, made recommendations, and helped design and implement solutions.
- Service mindset – We think of internal operations as support / customer service functions across our business and we’re looking for someone that shares this mindset.
- A demonstrated commitment to Vannevar Lab’s mission
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote – work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment – you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO
The salary range for this position is $140,000 – $240,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.