Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud.
We are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world, by helping teams get data business ready, faster. Our technology allows customers to load, transform, sync and orchestrate their data.
We are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our growing business. Together, we can make a dent in the universe bigger than ourselves.
This role will be US-based, preferably in Denver, CO.
About the role
The DevOps Sales Solutions Consultant ensures customer delight with Matillion’s platform by guiding them to operational excellence around cloud infrastructure. This specialist de-risks customer engagements by guiding, advising, and supporting 1) customers as they proceed through Matillion’s customer lifecycle and 2) other team members as a point of escalation for DevOps issues. The person in this role will help customers achieve success using our platform by leading them to cloud architectures rooted in DevOps best practices, assessing their needs, and supporting POVs as well as onboarding, adoption, and expansion into additional workloads.
What you will be doing;
Customer Delight Through DevOps
- Help customers achieve and exceed business objectives, from first value on through additional workloads by guiding them to DevOps best practices
- Overcome cloud infrastructure roadblocks preventing a successful trial, implementation, adoption, and expansion
Infrastructure Support and Troubleshooting
- Provide expert-level cloud infrastructure assistance to customers, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring a positive Matillion experience, especially regarding: Networking, Containerization, Cloud infrastructure, Deployment best practices
- Collaborate with other Sales Engineers and Delivery Solution Architects as well as our Product and Engineering teams to escalate and resolve technical challenges
Onboarding and implementation
- Oversee DevOps aspects of the customer onboarding process, ensuring rapid achievement of first value.
- Collaborate with the customer’s data engineering and infrastructure teams to drive the seamless integration of our platform into their data architecture.
Feedback and Product Improvement
- Gather valuable customer insights and feedback, communicating this information to the Product and Engineering teams to contribute to ongoing enhancements in our ELT software.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in data integration and transformation to provide valuable insights to both customers and internal teams.
Creating Training and Education Content
- Develop and deliver training sessions that enable customers to harness the full capabilities of Matillion’s platform.
- Create and maintain documentation, tutorials, as well as marketing and educational resources to empower customers to succeed independently in their data projects.
What we are looking for: Essentials
- Troubleshooting complex cloud infrastructure problems and Linux OS issues
- Networking and network security expertise
- Docker / container management (Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Infrastructure creation through automation using Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Jinja or similar
- Source code management using Git
- Experience configuring Web Application Servers (Tomcat preferred)
- Scripting (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of the SDLC and CI/CD
- Experience working with JSON or XML REST APIs
- Passion for technology desire to stay up to date on advancements
- Consultative style including experience working directly with end-users in an empathetic/diplomatic way
- Cloud certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- SQL, ETL or data integration experience
- Java background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (qualifications may be waived in lieu of experience)
- Solid technical/engineering background
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated base compensation range for this position is $175,000-$225,000. This role is eligible for variable pay so your total on-target earnings will be between $210,000 – $270,000 but the final salary will be based on the relevant skills and experience demonstrated in the hiring process.
Matillion has fostered a culture that is collaborative, fast-paced, ambitious, and transparent, and an environment where people genuinely care about their colleagues and communities.
Our 6 core values guide how we work together and with our customers and partners. We operate a truly flexible and hybrid working culture that promotes work-life balance, and are proud to be able to offer the following benefits:
– Company Equity
– 25 days PTO
– 5 days paid volunteering leave
– Health insurance
– Life insurance
– Access to mental health support
– Career development with access to a Udemy account, Blinkist and much more!
More about Matillion
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
We are dual headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado.
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don’t see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.