We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Sales Engineer to join our sales team. Do you enjoy solving challenges, working as a team and building strong relationships? If so, then this role may be for you!
The Sales Engineer provides support for technical elements of the sales cycle and is the primary internal resource for the sales team. Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with internal teams to ensure that clients are set up for success, post-sales.
As an expert in Benevity products and services, the Sales Engineer will serve customers by identifying their needs and recommending possible adaptations of products and services that may be implemented and supported by the Client Success team. He or she will maintain a connection with various departments including client success, product and technical services. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for gathering and communicating key client information to the Client Success Management and Implementation Management teams to ensure timely and successful client implementations.
The person in the role is a solutions-oriented individual with a high technical aptitude and strong interpersonal skills. He or she is a great juggler of priorities, capable of communicating complex information simply, and enjoys working with clients to understand possible solutions for their needs.
Our Sales team members are located across North America, so we welcome exceptional, passionate applicants from all over the United States & Canada.
If making an impact matters to you, and working with a company that helps clients to change the world sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you.
We’re a fast-paced (and fast growing) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about.
As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We’re an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (our clients) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
- You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
- You’ll make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $3 billion in donations and 12 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
- You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
- You won’t find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we’re in this thing together.
- The Sales Engineer expedites the sales process by assisting Sales Executives with technical discussions, articulating the technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, contributing to client satisfaction and implementation success.
- Finds solutions to unique client issues by using the tools available, contributing to organizational profitability and revenue growth.
- Prepare and deliver targeted product demonstrations designed to address a prospects specific needs.
- Expedite the Sales process by clearly articulating technology and business process differentiators through product demonstrations, presentations and ad-hoc conversations.
- Work with prospects and internal technical resources to complete the security evaluation stage of the buying cycle. This includes completing questionnaires, risk assessments and joining meetings with prospects to address questions
- Work with Account Executives to understand buyer requirements, contribute to pricing and document requirements within a Statement of Work to be transitioned to Professional Services
- Bridge the gap between sales and client services to reduce implementation timelines and improve visibility into resource allocation and planning
- Communicating client requests and requirements to product and technical teams to ensure implementation success
- Gather and articulate important client information through internal channels (Salesforce, Confluence) to build a strong client profile
- Maintain and communicate the latest Spark features and capabilities to the sales team so we are continuously able to provide the best solutions for potential buyers
- Work with Marketing and other internal teams to develop sales tools that help present complex information in a way that potential buyers can understand
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Gain buyer acceptance by explaining and demonstrating the fit of the Benevity solution through proof of concept (POC) solution
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to the Marketing and Product team’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 4+ years experience in Technical Solutions Consulting or Engineering related role
- Learn quickly and adapt even more quickly
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills
- Able to maintain strong relationship both internally and with clients
- Travel regionally in order to develop close account relationships and support sales activities
- Possess a comfort in front of audiences sharing your knowledge and presenting your solutions
- Maintain a passion to constantly learn and grow your technical and social skills
- Experience with Salesforce is a strong asset
- Strong technical understanding of SaaS software solutions