We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Customer Success Manager guides Teams and Business customers through established best practices by demonstrating an understanding of their structure and needs while guiding them throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. Customer retention is a key focus for this team member, supporting our customers in seeing the value of their investment with 1Password, and driving towards their adoption goals through proactive and reactive customer engagement.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Customer Success role servicing customers at scale through strategic calls and engagement, previous experience with a CRM like Gainsight is a plus!
- Strong communication skills over email, the phone, or even a video call. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with, and passion for, helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You enjoy translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Experience proactively guiding customers through their lifecycle through email, webinars, and customized sessions; making prescriptive recommendations and helping customers achieve their desired outcomes and ensure high adoption rates across their book of business.
- Follows defined outreach and follow-up communication processes managing data and activity of customers in tandem with the Onboarding and Account management teams; and synthesizing and logging findings from customer discussions such as feature requests, customer details, and general feedback/metrics accurately.
- Supports customers within their book of business through the annual renewal process, following defined process to engage with our customers early, and support in closing out renewals on a timely basis with customer satisfaction and retention in mind.
- Hands off cross-sell/upsell opportunities to Account managers and engages enthusiastic customers in advocacy initiatives such as customer panels, case studies and product discussions.
- Contributes to the success of the Customer Success team in an ongoing capacity through team goals and metrics (including operational, NPS, revenue, and performance metrics).
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect:
- Month 1
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you’ll be working with.
- Learn Salesforce, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to guide an SMB sized customer through an intro discussion in our Customer Success process.
- Month 3
- Can guide a small customer through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your product expertise to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand, while driving value for the customer.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so the marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy account book of customers.
- Month 6
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers in internal teams.
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $65,000 USD and $87,000 USD and is commission eligible. The role is also eligible for immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.