The Chief Customer Officer is responsible for growing and maintaining a team of individuals driving the ongoing attainment of retention, growth, technology adoption, and satisfaction/delight for customers. You will be the main point of interaction across the organization, and will set and report on the outward facing goals, objectives, and responsibilities of this team. You are the internal champion coordinating the approach required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include setting team goals/priorities, implementing best practices, developing measurable KPS, enabling effective account coverage, managing internal CX tools, and creating an inspiring team environment.
- Oversee Customer Success teams by inspiring, leading and developing a team dedicated to delivering value to our customers and internal partners.
- Handle high-level strategy for team structure and growth plans, collaborate with sales on delivering positive outcomes for our customers, partner with customers on goals and KPIs and share Billtrust’s ROI, and identify additional customer opportunities
- Work closely with senior executive leadership across Global Success, Global Support and Global Professional Services to successfully build the customer success strategy, narrative, positioning and messaging while developing a deep understanding of our customers needs and unique opportunity to lead the market in Customer Success
- Serve as the voice of the customer by surfacing key trends and insights back to our product and engineering teams.
- Develop and deepen relationships with key stakeholders within our largest customers driving long term customer retention.
- Act as a final escalation point for resolving difficult customer, sales, and/or technical and product issues.
- Develop and implement bold new ideas that will help set and achieve team and company-wide goals, moving us forward.
- Deeply understand our customers and the buying process to deliver meaningful and value- based messaging and content across the lifecycle to meet their needs
- Align to our corporate marketing strategy, including leveraging our brand framework, marketing tools, style guides and events
- Apply analytical rigor to our CS discipline using data to inform the right initiatives and tactics to pursue
- Establish tracking, reporting and ROI metrics for Customer Success within the company
- Manage the team’s development and execution of action plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for named accounts by establishing critical goals or other key performance indicators.
- Support team’s post-sales customer lifecycle activities including training, professional services, technical support, renewals, expansion, and advocacy.
- Enable customer interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor.
- Direct growth plan development at named accounts to increase adoption/utilization of existing offerings and demand/consumption of new offerings.
- Enable customer success outcomes including reduced customer churn, revenue expansion opportunity identification, higher customer product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall customer health scores.
- Critical to success will be driving cross-functional collaboration and communication across sales, services, education, support, and product management to facilitate customer success touch points within your team’s portfolio of accounts.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 15+ years of experience in B2B software customer success, marketing, operations, sales, or services experience
- 7+ years of experience leading and growing high performing teams with prior experience training and developing both individual contributor and manager-level employees
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities, and managing several time-sensitive projects at once.
- Technically minded, process-driven, results-focused individual who can liaise with our Customer Success, Sales and Technology teams to deliver high-quality service, success and value to Billtrust’s customers
- Ability to bring people together to build and execute on clear business plans.
- Curious, proactive, customer-centric mindset, demonstration of keen interest in acquiring new technical skills, and comfort with technical conversations.
- Invested in our customers’ success and outcomes obsessed
- Incredible organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to both an executive and a broad audience.
- Ability to attract top talent, coach and develop a strong team in alignment with our values
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with exceptional relationship-building skills demonstrated by ability to grow and nurture relationship
- Expert presentation development and messaging skills (storytelling/design)
- Bachelor’s degree essential, Masters degree preferred
SALARY RANGE BELOW FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $210,000 – $310,000 (bonus offered in addition to base compensation)