Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Be the technical counterparts to our Account Executive team working collaboratively with your peers in a customer facing environment
- Serve as product expert within SaaS based applications or social media management
- Break down complex topics and make it easily digestible to your audience
- Have a natural technical curiosity and can understand the sometimes complex changes and discussions around the network APIs.
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a collaborative Solutions Engineer to support our sales team who is sales and marketing savvy, has a confident presence, and loves working with prospects and customers in a fast-paced environment.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 1-2+ years of tech/SaaS experience in a Solutions Engineer role partnering with Account Executives
- Experience demonstrating a software platform (Making presentations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Understanding of social networks (in particular Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and social media strategy for large organizations
- Experience presenting to Marketing and Social Media Professionals including Directors/VPs of Marketing and CMOs
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects and simultaneously support the Sales team
- Understanding of all components of a software sales process
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Solutions Engineering to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Shadow Solutions Engineers on calls and demos to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Regularly meet with your Account Executives to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Begin to conduct demos on your own with minimal oversight. You will consult with prospects and customers to identify their business goals and objectives and translate their needs into actionable next steps.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Be highly confident in demoing our platform and will apply the “Demonstration to Win” methodology for all of your demos.
- Fully grasp the various use cases for social media – brand awareness, customer care, lead generation, etc.
- Successfully position our solution against any number of competitors.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Be someone who is held in high regard by their peers and the Account Executives you support.
- Be a contributor to the broader Solutions Engineering team and help to create training materials for the Sales team and onboard new Solutions Engineers.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $100,000 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance.