Bitwarden empowers enterprises, developers, and individuals to securely store and share sensitive data. With a transparent, open-source approach to password management, secrets management, and passwordless and passkey innovations, Bitwarden makes it easy for users to extend robust security practices across all online activities. Founded in 2016 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, Bitwarden is supported by a passionate global community of security experts and enthusiasts.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer on the Auth team at Bitwarden, you will be responsible for building and supporting seamless, flexible registration, login and account management experiences for our users. Our web, desktop, and browser extension clients are built using Angular, and an ideal candidate will be someone who has extensive experience with building, maintaining, and refactoring complex Angular applications.
We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a growing organization with a strong collaborative focus. You will have the opportunity to take ownership over key areas of our product, providing direction for future changes and scoping out work to bring exciting new features to our users while maintaining overall code quality and maintainability.
This is an all-remote team, and we are looking for someone based in the U.S.
- Become an expert and authority on the registration and login components and services in our front-end client codebase, including our web client, desktop client, and browser extension
- Participate in hands-on development of new features and refactors
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Independently plan, estimate and deliver new feature work and bug fixes
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Demonstrated expertise in developing complex applications in Angular
- Extensive experience with reactive programming using Signals, RxJS or similar libraries
- Experience with Tailwind CSS for component styling
- Understanding of authentication concepts, including OAuth 2.0, SAML, OpenID Connect, and FIDO2/WebAuthn
- Familiarity with writing and consuming basic .NET APIs
- Understanding of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and implementing accessible experiences
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Familiarity with concepts of modern encryption is a plus
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with hiring manager
- Panel interview with other engineers
- Reference calls
- Interview with department leader
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.