Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We’ve been around since 2015, and we’re serving over 9000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
About the Apps Team
- The Engineering: the Apps tribe is the team responsible for enabling our customers to have all the data they need about their customers into Gorgias, and to be able to act on it, so that they can treat all their support requests directly from Gorgias.
- There are currently 4 Full-stack Developers, 1 Back-end Developer, 1 Front-end Developer and 1 Engineering Manager on the team
- This position would be a part of the E-commerce & Developer Relations Team
Example of current projects:
- Integration with Twitter to create tickets from Tweet replies, Direct Messages, and mentions in Tweets
- Integration with Twilio to build native phone capabilities into Gorgias
- Integration with Instagram to build the Direct Messages channel
- Adding new features to eCommerce integrations
- The features will allow our customers to have all their data consolidated in one place: Gorgias. They have all their messages from all their communication channels there. Thanks to eCommerce integrations, they have all the context around people who contact them, the context necessary to understand how to reply to them and what actions to take.
- 🎥 Get to know the Apps team better by watching the team’s presentation video made by your future colleagues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEmV96CF0U
What you will do
- Own all our front-end components maintain existing and develop new reliable and reusable components that Full-stack developers can use when they implement features.
- Drive good practices in the team by coaching Full-stack Developers about the do’s and don’t of front-end development and doing code reviews
- Implement front-end-only features
In your day to day, expect to:
- Implement and provide consultation based on UI guidelines
- Perform code reviews and work to improve our code quality and learn with the team
- Help others grow
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience doing front-end development with JS and a modern framework (e.g. React)
Nice to Haves
- Some experience with Backend development and APIs is a plus
Company Benefits and Perks
- 💰Competitive salary & equity (90th percentile of the market worldwide): 📣Stay tuned for our upcoming Public Salary Calculator to help you generate offers before entering our process.
- 🏖 4 weeks of vacation
- 🍼Paid parental leave
- 💻Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- 💆Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- 📚Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- 😍 Every quarter we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we’ll transform these summits into offsites!)
- Meet our Tech Recruiter, for an introductory call in which you get to know more about Gorgias and the position, and we get to learn more about you.
- Coding challenge using the platform HackerRank. The challenge lasts 1 hour and contains 2 questions focused on problem-solving, data structure, and algorithms.
- Meet your manager. They will dive deeper into your working experience and talk technical related issues and get to know each other, of course.
- Live Coding Challenge w/ Team. The Team and you will walk through a few exercises to get a better understanding of your work style and approach.
- Meet Alex, CTO, and co-founder at Gorgias. This is an excellent time to ask difficult questions and see if we are a good match for you!