Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company with data, statistics, and machine learning? Using your technical creativity and thought leadership, you will be a valuable part of a team of data engineers, program managers and analysts within our Customer Support and Success org. This team is responsible for driving the business forward with tools such as prediction, prescriptive analytics, and statistical testing. We’re growing quickly, so you’ll need to be a fast-learner of new approaches, technologies, and collaborate effectively. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have a solid sense of urgency, enjoy connecting datasets to find patterns, seek to provide measurable impact, and are unwilling to accept the status quo.
Data science at Atlassian is multidisciplinary. The perfect fit is someone who can dig into the business challenge, understand the data available or needed, identify opportunities for improvement, and deliver on that opportunity using a combination of analysis and statistical / machine learning skills. We want a difference maker, a talented data scientist who can partner with business domain experts to build effective solutions and drive business value. It’s a team effort. Bringing advanced capabilities and picking up new skills is part of how we’ll go far together.
In this role:
- You will work with your multidisciplinary team on projects such as forecasting support issue volume, identifying early indicators of emerging issues, and estimating impact through sampling and simulation
- You will leverage statistical analysis and A/B testing to understand and quantify the impact our actions and make recommendations going forward
- You will work with large volume and variability of customer, product, and support data to drive strategic decisions and power critical processes in Atlassian
- You will educate and learn from data science and internal analytics teams across the company on new methodologies and approaches
- You will work with tools such as: Spark, SQL, Databricks, Python, R, AWS (S3, Athena)
On you’re first day, we will expect you to have:
- Five years of relevant experience working on data science problems at scale in production environments
- Experience creating and analyzing methodical A/B experiments
- Experience creating and deploying machine learning solutions in production environments
- Unwavering curiosity and desire to create and scale a data-driven organization to power new levels of customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail and data integrity
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and are proficient with data science libraries and packages in Python and/or R
- Skills with solution design, problem framing, general consulting and influencing
- A passion for learning, sharing and collaborating alongside a dynamic team of operations leads, analysts and program managers
It’s also great if:
- You are a great storyteller and have the ability to craft narratives and data-driven explanations that resonate with executive leadership
- You possess an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
- You have a sense of humor
More about our team
We analyze data from a variety of sources, such as support tickets, product analytics and application logs, to understand the friction our customers are facing and work with our development teams to enhance our applications.
We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We’re direct, focused, and strive for perfection, but there’s laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We’re constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about yoU.