Gopuff is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join its Data Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for building the data platform that enables analytics, data science, and machine learning at scale. The ideal candidate will bring software engineering expertise and leadership to influence the team’s technical direction and mentor other engineers.
- Implement generalized platform solutions that process data at scale
- Develop Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes to improve platform quality and stability
- Participate in proof of concepts and pilot new technologies that impact team architecture
- Engage in design and architectural review sessions with data engineers
- Conduct code reviews and knowledge sharing sessions across data engineering and partner teams
- Partner with software and analytics engineering teams to establish data contracts to improve data quality at every stage of the data lifecycle
- 5-8 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- Experience building batch data pipelines using DAG-based tools such as Dagster or Airflow
- Experience developing real-time data pipelines using frameworks such as Apache Beam, Flink, Storm, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and their underlying infrastructure
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, RESTful API development
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Experience data observability and monitoring tooling such as Monte Carlo, Great Expectations, SodaSQL, Databand, etc.
- Experience in producing and consuming topics to/from Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Azure Event Hubs
- Experience with data governance, schema design, and schema evolution
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices within the data platform, including solutions for CI/CD, data observability, monitoring, and lineage
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. Compensation for U.S. locations is based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
- Remote (New York)
- Salary Range: USD $92,300 – $146,700
- The salary range above reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.