We’re looking to add a senior data engineer to the Tremendous data team. The data team currently consists of our director of analytics (who has owned analytics engineering and data science in past roles) and two senior analysts.
Tremendous values data as a first-class citizen and believes that insights unlock significant growth. You will own the data platform you build and work closely with the analysts on the team and stakeholders across the organization. As we continue to grow the business, you will scale our data infrastructure and develop new data applications throughout the business.
- Scale and contribute to a world-class data team. Lead infrastructure initiatives and contribute to analytics projects in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment. You will be a driver of a responsible data-centric culture at Tremendous and champion data best practices within the company.
- Build and maintain enterprise-scale data infrastructure. Our data pipelines empower high-visibility projects and features, including payout analytics, executive reporting, FP&A, etc. You will manage and build out our data platform and suite of data tools.
- Develop and productize insights and impact. Own the development of data products end-to-end, including scoping, architecting, coding, testing, and rolling out insights across the company. You will scale the data platform for new marketing initiatives, data science models, experimentation, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in building and scaling data infrastructure at a growth-stage startup.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is eager to make an impact and unafraid of tackling large, complex problems while delivering high-quality results.
- Expertise in SQL and Python.
- Enjoy collaborating with business teams, product managers, and engineers. Comfortable taking on the role of a Project Manager to drive results.
- Previous experience in building real-time and batch data pipelines using tools such as dbt, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, S3, Airbyte, Census, etc. Also experienced in data transformation, event tracking frameworks, and experimentation frameworks.
- Experience in managing and working with Data Warehouses and Data Lakes such as Redshift, Big Query, Snowflake, Delta Lake, etc.
- Skilled in data modeling and developing core data sets to support analytics, reporting, and experimentation. Solid understanding of using data to inform the product roadmap.
- Strong written communication skills. We’re a documentation-first culture.
- Desire and ability to work autonomously and drive your work. Tremendous is not a great fit for people who default to waiting for instructions.
- High empathy. You care about your teammates and our users. You can put yourself in their shoes.
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Science, Engineering).
- Strong verbal and communication skills. You can articulate why something should be built a certain way and how it will impact the business.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Kubernetes.
- Experience with data privacy and security frameworks.
What’s cool about the role
- You’ll get to work with a top-notch team at Tremendous.
- You’ll work at a company growing quickly yet sustainably. We’re profitable with plenty more opportunity ahead. That’s good news for your career growth.
- Competitive pay, equity and benefits. The base salary for this role is (range).
- We’re a remote company. Work from wherever you want