The role: Senior Data Engineer
Every SMS message or voice call goes through many states and all these transitions are valuable internally and to our customers. We are growing fast and so is our product portfolio. By consequence so is the data. In order to deliver the best product, our systems and our employees need to have the best insight into this drowning amount of information. Accurate, real-time and strongly connected information.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working all the globe. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll do
- Design and operate scalable solutions for processing, analysing and handling large quantities of data
- Build real time pipelines and their infrastructure that aggregate data across all of our products (sms, voice, chat, video etc)
- Deliver insights and predictions internally, to our partners and customers
- Working with Machine Learning Engineers to bring machine learning everywhere with effective data pipelines and data models.
- Treat data as a product, foster monitoring as a base of architectural decisions
What you will bring
- 4+ years experience in a relevant role
- Extensive experience with building, scaling and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with one or more big data frameworks like Apache Beam (Dataflow), Spark, Flink, Kafka, Apache Pulsar, Presto or Hive
- Experience with no-SQL databases like Cassandra, BigTable, BigQuery, Hbase, Clickhouse and Druid
- Exposure to Kubernetes or other similar container-based systems
- Experience in implementing data warehouse solutions
- You are excited about the opportunity to work with large data sets
- Loves to code (preferably Go and Java)
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.