We design products that help simplify the complex and unpredictable world of onboarding data. Our mission is to set the standard for a good data import experience, and we are extremely motivated by this challenge. We believe that removing the friction in importing data can accelerate human innovation.
As a Principal Product Designer at Flatfile, you’ll lead the customer experience for a core pillar of the business, providing elegant solutions to the complex problems that can arise during the data onboarding process. You’ll work with peers across Product, Engineering, and Marketing, advocating for a user with specific needs and goals from initial brainstorming to implementation.
You will report to: Head of Design & Data Experience
What you’ll do
- Ideate and execute new product features alongside other designers and engineers to see projects from inception to completion
- Mentor on product and design across Flatfile’s build team (design and engineering)
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams on gathering feedback on existing features and on feature requests
- Help build and maintain Flatfile’s design system
- Provide complete, high-fidelity prototypes to support the planning and development of our main products
- Balance the needs of the users with the business and product teams
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years working on complex, product-driven web applications and enterprise software as a designer
- Expertise designing for desktop or web applications, creating and organizing components
- Have worked in a product company ecosystem
- Expertise in design processes and research methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time
- Proficient with the tools in Design and Prototyping (Figma / Sketch)
- Experience working in a product-driven organization
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications listed above, let us know why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $175,000 – $200,000 annually
Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile’s equity plan