At PrizePicks, we are the fastest growing sports company in North America, as recognized by Inc. 5000. As the leading platform for Daily Fantasy Sports, we cover a diverse range of sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA, and Esports titles like League of Legends and Counter-Strike. Our team of over 400 employees thrives in an inclusive culture that values individuals from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their level of sports fandom. Ready to reimagine the DFS industry together?
We are seeking an experienced and thoughtful Senior UX Researcher with a proven track record of constructing and delivering mixed-methods research to join us at PrizePicks. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both qualitative and quantitative research methods, capable of conducting both generative and evaluative studies and transforming data into actionable insights and recommendations for improving our product experiences. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to ensure user-centricity remains at the core of our product development efforts.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for an authentic, engaging individual who will:
- Effectively identify, design, prioritize, and execute comprehensive user research studies to gain a deep understanding of our target audience, their motivations, pain points, and behaviors.
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members in identifying key research objectives and questions to address research needs across the product lifecycle.
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to discover actionable user insights, including surveys, field studies, usability tests, 1:1 interviews, diary studies, CSAT, analyzing large amounts of data, etc. Bonus points for experience with statistical analysis methods and coding with R, SQL, and/or Python.
- Synthesize learnings across different studies, in partnership with other analytics functions (e.g., market research, business intelligence, and data science) to effectively tell compelling stories about our users rooted in data.
- Monitor and analyze the DFS industry landscape and competitor offerings to stay informed about emerging trends and opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UX research methodologies and industry trends, bringing creative ideas to improve our research processes.
- Translate research findings into actionable insights, and strategic narratives.
- Communicate research findings, insights, and recommendations clearly and effectively to key stakeholders, including senior management.
- Support the development and maintenance of a research roadmap that aligns with PrizePicks products, and business goals.
Who you are:
- Strong storyteller and facilitator who can clearly and concisely explain complex concepts and build consensus with cross-disciplinary groups
- Systems-level design thinker with a thoughtful intuition that incorporates broader situational variables, user needs, and patterns in human behavior.
- Experienced collaborator who brings out the best in others and offers a flexible, friendly approach to working with product teams.
- Humble, ego-free, emotionally intelligent contributor who learns from, and builds upon, the ideas of others.
What makes you stand out:
- You dig deep to understand underlying problems and opportunities.
- Ask the right questions to understand the ‘why.’
- Display curiosity—at times even skepticism—of proposed solutions where there is a lack of evidence.
- Proactively build a reputation as a trusted advisor with stakeholders on all matters surrounding user research.
Where you’ll live:
This is a remote position with occasional travel to Atlanta.
Benefits you’ll receive:
In addition to your great compensation package, we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance (2-week MINIMUM required!)
- Annual bonus & stock options
- Company-subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Matching 401(k)
- Modern work schedules focused on getting the job done, not hours clocked
- Workplace flexibility
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Generous Maternity AND Paternity leave (16 weeks!)
- Wellness program
- Company equipment provided (Windows & Mac options)
- Annual performance reviews with opportunities for growth and career development