Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs and initiatives within specific functions.
We’re looking for an HRBP to drive people and business initiatives across Square Product teams. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels in a fast-paced, high engagement environment with extraordinary desire to innovate. You will be on the front line working closely with business leaders to be able to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks. You will report into an HRBP Lead.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business.
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of compensation, feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with the People team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results.
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups.
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HR Generalist or HRBP role.
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management.
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening and writing. Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective coaching skills, strong business acumen, and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Experience supporting full stack product organizations.
- Track record of strategic partnering with business leaders on multi-year. company or org-wide people initiatives or projects.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 – USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 – USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 – USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 – USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources