We are looking for a highly collaborative, innovative, and analytical Head of Global Compensation to join our Total Rewards team. This individual will be a player coach that loves thinking through the possibilities as well as implementing the solutions. They will specifically oversee base pay, commission and incentive bonus plans, equity-based programs, and partner with the Head of Global Total Rewards on executive compensation matters such as compensation committee materials, proxy filing, etc.
If successful, you would help us drive up retention and lower time to fill as we present a relevant and competitive offer to candidates. You will help us navigate trends such as pay rates for remote and hybrid workers, a push for greater transparency in pay, linking the various forms to what matters most to Britelings by level, function, and geo while reinforcing our high performance and dedication to building shareholder value.
This role reports to the Vice President, Global Total Rewards and can be based remotely in the US.
- Contribute to Eventbrite success by designing global compensation plans and programs that enable hiring and retaining the most valuable talent to our strategy.
- Establish yourself as the trusted advisor, leader, and subject matter expert to partner with the VP of Global Total Rewards, the Chief People Officer, the Briteling Experience (BX/HR) team, and the Executive Team.
- Lead ongoing efforts to make Eventbrite’s global equity programs competitive and drive performance
- Work cross-functionally with global leaders, key partners, and within the BX team to design and continually refresh our compensation programs.
- Ensure global compensation structure and benchmarking is competitive and aligned with our philosophy in the US and our global markets (ideally experience with India & Spain markets)
- Increase the compensation literacy of our managers and Britelings at large to ensure they understand how we make decisions and have trust and confidence in our approach.
- 10+ years of Compensation experience with comprehensive responsibilities, including 5+ years in the development and oversight of compensation programs in fast-paced, global, public companies
- 5+ years of Executive Compensation experience including design and implementation of long-term incentive programs and Proxy (CD&A & Tables) experience
- Experience with Compensation Committee materials
- Track record of building and developing strong teams.
- High business acumen and knowledge of HR functional areas beyond Compensation
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize complex matters in a clear style. Active listening is key
- Highly skilled in change management with end-to-end ownership and implementation capability
- Savvy modeling and analytical skills with the ability to use data in building compensation plans reconciled with budgets and forecasts
- Adept in building direct relationships with the business, cross-functional leaders, and BX to establish highly collaborative partnerships resulting in impactful results that align with the functional and top-level company goals
- Familiarity with HRIS (Workday experience a plus), salary surveys (i.e. Radford, Mercer, etc.), and other global compensation providers and tools
- Fluent in Excel, Google sheets, etc. to do broad analysis
- A reasonable estimate of the current range is $156,200 to $249,920.