The Total Rewards department strategically aligns the two pillars of team member rewards to create optimal organizational performance at GitLab: Compensation and Benefits. Total Rewards designs and strategically executes programs in alignment with business goals. Programs fuel motivated and productive team members that are appreciated and rewarded for their contributions, driving GitLab to ever greater success.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role
- Lead management of US Benefits Renewals, Plan Changes, and Open Enrollment
- Scale benefits administration efforts in collaboration with HRIS and Payroll to move from manual to automated processes
- Collaborate with the Total Rewards team on policies, processes, and procedures following the GitLab workflow to enhance Team Member experience
- Collect and analyze internal and external market data to make informed benefits decisions and roadmaps
- Build business cases for new benefits based on data to present to Total Rewards Leadership and key stakeholders
- Develop benefits roadmaps for various entities and PEOs to determine future benefits in collaboration with Finance
- Support People Business Partners and GitLab Management on all related benefit plan inquiries
- Own all benefits reporting to support various internal initiatives such as total rewards statements and more
- Development and execution of benefit education programs to ensure team members understand the value of the benefits available to them
- Own the content and design of the benefits handbook
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international rules and regulations
- Design and administer Global Benefits plans in partnership with the Global Benefits Brokers.
- Keep it efficient and DRY.
We’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience in US Benefits as appropriate for the grade.
- Experience with Workday
- For US Billing, required to be a US resident
- Experience working with an international Benefits Broker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, or HR preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for, and broad experience with, software tools
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible
- Willing to make Total Rewards as open and transparent as possible
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.