Gather has grown rapidly, and as an open-ended platform, users constantly surprise us with the new ways they use Gather.
We are also a fast-paced startup, capable of quick iteration and execution of new product ideas, and there is no shortage of directions we could invest our focus. Data Science at Gather serves the crucial role of guiding this process, leveraging our large amounts of data to understand how people are using Gather, help identify the most promising opportunities for growth, and evaluate the efficacy of our efforts. The Data Science team works hand in hand with the Product team, shining a guiding light toward the next big opportunity.
We have also only scratched the surface of what Data Science can offer Gather, and are constantly brainstorming new ways to leverage our data. Help us unlock the value of our vast dataset to identify the next opportunities for growth, and make Gather an even greater product for our users!
What You’ll Do
- Design, track, analyze, and own metrics to provide visibility into the performance of our product across different orgs
- Collaborate with product teams, analyzing product usage to identify areas of opportunities
- Help design experiments to test our hypotheses, and evaluate the performance of these experiments
- Enable sales and customer success to maximize the efficacy of their time by helping identify which users they should spend their time on
- Be the representative of the data, answering questions from across the company, and providing insights with your deep knowledge of how our product is being used
- Build out data science processes and documentation at Gather
- Other value adds that you might come up with! We have only scratched the surface of what value data science can add at Gather
Who You Are
- 2+ years in data analytics or data science, preferably at a company in its early growth stages
- Expert SQL ability
- Experience working directly with engineers to implement and QA logging
- Statistical knowledge and experience conducting statistical tests
- Experience designing experiments and analyzing their results
- Excel in self-driven and fast-paced environments, with the ability to quickly and proactively identify and uncover data insights
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into digestible narratives for the team
- Experience performing analyses in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Experience in early-stage, growth-oriented companies
- Machine learning and modeling experience
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples’ lives better, every single day