BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
The Compensation Manager is a critical role for our rapidly growing organization to drive strategic compensation decisions and deliver creative, competitive, and analytically driven compensation programs. This role will serve as BetterUp’s subject matter expert to ensure fair and equitable pay, and create sustainable and competitive incentive compensation in alignment to our high impact behaviors. Our People Ops team thrives in a fast paced environment, can navigate working through ambiguity with an owner’s mindset, and require the ability to create and build programs and processes that will scale as we grow.
- As the Compensation expert, you will lead in the development, implementation and administration of all compensation programs (including merit cycles)
- Be the trusted advisor to leadership and take accountability on compensation decisions and strategy (must be able to influence and drive decisions at executive leadership levels)
- Lead direction on market analysis and job profile insights for new and existing roles
- Partners with HR and management to develop effective promotion and retention strategies
- Ensure accurate and relevant Radford Salary Survey data to maintain and update BetterUp compensation bands
- Implement Advanced Compensation model in Workday
- Manage holistic equity program including annual refreshes; works in close partnership with our finance team, as well as support current and former employees with the options exercise process
- Project manage all operational aspects of variable pay program
- Partners closely with recruiting to offer competitive compensation and hire top talent
If you have most or all of the following please apply:
- Undergraduate degree in human resources or finance and/or PHR/SPHR, preferred
- Master’s in Human Resources or MBA, preferred
- 7-10 years of compensation experience (or consulting equivalent)
- Prior experience with a mix of startups and mature organizations, experience supporting a company going IPO preferred
- Experience building and managing a team
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and financial modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Radford Salary Survey Database.
- Fully versed with Workday: HCM, Benefits, and Performance as well as Advanced Compensation.
- Up to date on federal, state and location requirements.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member.
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement.
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays.
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work).
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back.
- Learning and Development stipend.
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp.
- 401(k) self contribution.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.