As we build and scale the People team at Heap, we need a dedicated team player and relationship builder to join the HRBP team.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Create and maintain relationships with leaders and their team members, to support cultural and organizational needs and to continue to build on our amazing culture.
- Through exceptional relationship building, you will fully understand the strategic direction of Heap and co-create People focused initiatives to support and promote the achievement of our organizational goals.
- Help define and roll out the staple HR processes (performance management, compensation, leveling, feedback, retention etc.) in a way that delivers results, in close partnership with the business, and in alignment with Heap’s core values.
- Focus on diversity, equity and inclusion as a key building block to everything we do, working closely with your colleagues in Recruiting, leaders throughout the business, and all Heaple to continually improve our culture and practices.
- Educate and partner with managers on performance management, conflict resolution, and employee development goals.
- Analyze employee data (e.g., compensation, attrition, and exit feedback) to guide decision-making and provide solutions to the leaders you support.
- Champion our culture by promoting company values to guide decision-making and drive thoughtful and effective change management in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement our Engagement Survey, following up with managers and driving action plans to respond to the results.
30/60/90 Day Plan
Within 30 days, you will:
- Take over partnership and coaching of the functions and departments that you support.
- Start to execute processes in partnership with HR Operations such as exit surveys, attrition analytics, compensation calibrations, etc.
Within 60 days, you will:
- You will help build our management team’s capacity through coaching, training, and programs.
- You will help build a culture of learning and feedback for manager through additional live trainings, a robust set of async resources and regular lunch & learns where managers can learn from each other.
Within 90 days, you will:
- You will meaningfully contribute to the People strategy of the teams you support.
- Advise managers and project manage the evolution of career ladders and leveling at Heap.
What we’re looking for:
- Embodies Heap’s core values.
- Applies intermediate knowledge in employment law and HR fundamentals to partner with the business and advance people-related strategies and programs.
- Has a strong ability to balance the needs of our people and the needs of the business.
- Has built people policy and process, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty building from the ground up.
- Effectively coaches both new and experienced managers, along with their teams, to build their skill sets over time.
- Versed in conflict resolution, applying both EQ and IQ in demonstrating excellent judgment.
- Has been an effective strategic partner and coach to executive-level leadership.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- Excels at building relationships within and across teams.
- Has integrity; understands how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Is agile and excels at multitasking, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met.
- Eagerness to learn, motivated, and active learner. If you don’t understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, and you aren’t afraid to ask when you need help.
For New York City-based candidates, the base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $100,000-$178,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications, and experience.