As a Community Manager at Newsela, your role is pivotal in driving community engagement and building valuable connections among educators. The Newsela Community is an online forum that builds collaborative connections between teachers and provides a place for all Newsela educators to find and share lesson ideas, discuss teaching strategies, and stay on top of Newsela features and updates. The Community Manager will leverage knowledge about education space and what motivates teachers to develop and execute strategies to drive Newsela usage and engagement. This role will foster community and plan community program events, while also reporting on key health metrics and sharing insights to inform future strategy. As part of our Marketing department, this role reports to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing & Social.
- Develop and execute community and engagement strategies in partnership with team members to provide educators with a support network and a platform for collaboration and professional learning for teachers using Newsela products.
- Moderate and facilitate the Newsela communities to foster educator connections and idea exchange.
- Drive awareness and new usage of Newsela products by leveraging educator advocates to create interest in the brand and our products.
- Lead the ambassador programs across products, nurturing educator connections and sharing success stories that drive user engagement, customer loyalty, retention and new user acquisition.
- Manage the communication and integration of educator certification programs across products.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate community program events.
- Report and review key health metrics on an ongoing basis to measure performance, share insights, and recommend optimization strategies to increase engagement and usage.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will have the opportunity to directly influence how educators engage and champion Newsela and all of our products.
- You will build relationships that are outcome oriented that guide community coaches and members in achieving success with Newsela within their district and school(s).
- Your work will directly impact engagement and usage of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years experience in a community and engagement programs role and have demonstrated how to empathize with and address the unique needs of educators through engagement and community building. You are meticulous about understanding our users and customers and are their biggest advocate in ensuring they are engaged and equipped with resources to successfully utilize Newsela products in their teaching practices.
- You leverage your education experience, product knowledge and community expertise to be a trusted partner that community members love working with.
- A background in education is a requirement.
- Event management and social channel management experience is a plus.
Base compensation: $80,000 – $85,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.