Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business’ ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
- You will source and close new technology partnerships from various sources: both inbound and outbound prospecting.
- You will own the inbound partnership process at Shippo.
- People Skills: You will build strong, lasting relationships with partners by understanding their needs and business objectives: track, monitor, and report performance for each partnership.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of Shippo’s complete capabilities, including our API and web application.
- You have built business cases around your specific deals and worked to motivate the company around why this is the right partner for
- You are someone who is comfortable leading and closing cycles in 60-180 days.
- You’ve built a pipeline before and are comfortable forecasting opportunities to meet annual quota objectives.
- Teamwork at Shippo is critical. This is a high visibility role that will partner with various groups within Shippo (Product, Marketing, Partner Management, Finance, and Engineering) to provide partner feedback and drive revenue opportunities.
- Build trusted partnerships with all partner organizations, including product, procurement, IT architects, developers, and executives.
Who You Are
- +5-8 of years of Technology, Ecommerce, or Logistics Enterprise Sales/Business Development/Partnership experience and a track record of selling and closing complex technical solutions to customers.
- Excellent time management skills. Shippo is going to give you the ability to cultivate your territory. You will need to be ruthless, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple projects/deals simultaneously.
- As a bonus, you’ve previously sold for an API first company.
- People have told you that you’re a fantastic storyteller!
- Shippo is a fantastic company and a startup. We’re changing for the better every day. We are looking for someone who is open to growth and has succeeded in an ambiguous environment before.
- You have demonstrated success by exceeding quota consistently
- 1-year of experience working at a startup is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents)
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy + flexible work hours
- Fun team events outside of work hours
- Awesome people that care about Shippo’s mission, product and team
- $2,500 annual budget for professional development