The Accounting Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Controller’s Organization. Responsibilities include closing the books monthly, supporting quarterly reviews and the annual audit, working cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, Tax and various business owners on ongoing/new initiatives such as tracking material service engagements and commitments to ensure proper accounting treatment, reviewing and documenting vendor contracts, ensuring accounting positions are in accordance with US GAAP, various ad-hoc projects and assisting the SEC External Reporting team as necessary. This position reports to the Manager, General Accounting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closing including journal entries, accruals, prepaids, account reconciliations, account analysis and analytics.
- Assist with documentation requests for completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters, drafting accounting memos and staying current on new GAAP pronouncements.
- Reviewing vendor contracts for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Accounting due diligence and special projects as required (developing scalable process improvements for month-end close procedures such as accruals and tracking implementation costs for cloud computing software).
- Accounting for and integration of acquisitions.
- Support 10K and 10Q’s as needed.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including maintaining requisite controls and procedures.
- Help drive improvements to internal processes and work collaboratively with other functions to achieve a faster close.
- Document procedures and workflow in assigned areas of responsibility.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation strongly preferred.
- Approximately 6+ years of experience in Accounting/Audit
- Combination of public accounting and private company experience in accounting a plus.
- Strong US GAAP skills including an understanding of accounting for FX gains/losses.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough and attentive to detail while still meeting deadlines required.
- Excellent organizational ability required to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong desire to learn; proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment; takes initiative and can work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tech savvy and proficient with MS Office/Google Workspace; strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience with various accounting systems such as NetSuite preferred.