SQUĪRE is seeking an exceptional Senior Accountant to help strengthen our talented Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and initiatives as we build a best-in-class Finance org. This role will work closely along the Controller with visibility to both the Director and VP of Finance. We are looking for a motivated performer who wants to join a high-growth technology company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparation and posting of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangible assets and depreciation/amortization schedules.
- Manage A/P which includes invoice entry, payments, vendor management, and assistance with accrued expenses.
- Work alongside HR to manage and improve employee expense reimbursement practices.
- Support the Controller in managing annual audits with external auditors.
- Assist with design and maintenance of company policies, procedures, and controls.
- Work with other members of the finance team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist with initiatives to implement improvement.
- Ad hoc projects as required by the Controller.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- 3-4 years of Big 4 public accounting experience or a combination of Big 4 and relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills and desire to work cross-functionally to achieve common goals
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate, timely work product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Online, and/or NetSuite