At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a hands-on detailed oriented Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team and to help support the continued expansion of our global business. The successful candidate will be a key person on the GL team to ensure the accurate and timely closing of the monthly books and assist with the annual audits and SOX compliance. Additionally, this individual will innovate and drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager, and have exposure to the Senior Executives on the Corporate Accounting team.
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes including preparing and reviewing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Perform monthly analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Coordinating and supporting statutory compliance and audits for Braze’s international entities
- Work with the FP&A and Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate coding of expenses
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Aid in the optimization of existing platforms and the use of platform such as NetSuite
- Assist with documentation of accounting policies and procedures that ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Assist with financial audits and SOX compliance
- Undertake other ad hoc analyses and special projects as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 or large regional firm experience a plus
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- International accounting experience a plus
- SaaS or Technology industry preferred
- Proven knowledge and application of US GAAP, with a general understanding of SOX
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight timelines; able to manage multiple priorities
- Highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, flexible team player that is able to operate independently
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- General understanding of NetSuite, Floqast or other comparable ERP systems is preferred
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $76,500 and $89,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $90,000 and $105,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®