What is a machine learning engineer salary?
The State of Machine Learning Adoption in the Enterprise by O’Reilly reports that 50% of the respondents claim to have used machine learning to a variety of degrees.
As technology advances and new data science findings are made, there is an increasing need for machine learning engineers. More and more businesses want to collaborate with machine learning experts to improve their goods and services. Hence, utilizing technology enables one to outperform rivals and offer a cutting-edge offering.
Additionally, in the same O’Reilly study, firms with considerable machine learning experience already frequently utilize the following job titles: data scientist (81%), machine learning engineer (39%), and deep learning engineer (20%). The expansion will significantly continue over the following few years, and the statistics will reflect bigger numbers.
Machine learning engineers are among one of the best-paid professions due to the distinctiveness of the speciality. And there’s a good reason behind it. It calls for in-depth expertise, the appropriate skill set, and proficiency in the field of science.
Machine Learning Engineer salary and the three levels of experience
The most crucial query is how much do engineers in machine learning make? There isn’t a clear solution. The firm, job title, nation, and even city are some of the variables that affect the machine learning engineer’s pay. The most crucial factor, though, is experience.
The figures on your account are determined by your expertise and experience in the field of data science. This is because you may add more value to the firm if you have superior understanding. Additionally, your compensation increases as you add more value.
- The average salary for an entry-level machine learning engineer (with 0 to 4 years of experience) is around $97,090. However, that sum can quickly increase to $130,000 or even more with potential incentives and profit-sharing.
- The typical compensation for a mid-level machine learning engineer (5 to 9 years of experience) is $112,095. It might be $160,000 or more with potential incentives and profit-sharing.
- Senior machine learning engineers make an average salary of $132,500 with 10+ years of experience; with incentives and profits, this figure can reach $181,000 annually.
In all three cases the skillset is familiar:
- Big Data Analytics
- C++ Programming Language
- Computer Vision
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Deep Learning
- Image Processing
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Software Development
- R Programming Language
- Signal Processing
- Pattern Recognition
Depending on the industry a company or engineer is focusing on, the talents may vary. However, what you can accomplish with it and your willingness to pick up new skills and adjust to changing circumstances are more crucial.
It is not surprising that some of the most profitable businesses are also some of the most well-known. Accordingly, you can find companies like Apple, Intel Corporation, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, IBM, or Google among the top 10.
Additionally, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Boston, and Washington are some of the top places for machine learning engineers (Massachusetts). This is so because these cities are home to some of the top tech companies.
How can you Boost your Machine Learning Engineer salary?
Do you know how to ascend to the top? How can a machine learning engineer increase their income? A successful engineer possesses the three qualities of quality, authority, and experience. Therefore, be sure to have these three. And in order to do that, you must be open to change, continue to study, and build your skills. There are numerous ways you can hone your abilities:
- Participate in conferences, seminars, and courses. Conferences are a great place to learn about the business world, the newest trends, and trade secrets. Additionally, it’s a fantastic opportunity to network and meet new people.
- The best thing you can do is to use knowledge to your advantage by learning new abilities. Therefore, you can broaden your knowledge of machine learning and learn new things from the many resources available.
- If you have to, relocate to a different place where you will have the chance to obtain a better career, perhaps in one of the greatest firms.
- Join communities – the internet is filled with forums and communities where people may learn, share knowledge, meet others, and inspire one another to work harder. Perhaps there is a neighborhood where you reside? Join a place like that to seek inspiration. Check out Reddit, Stack Overflow, or Kaggle.
- When attending conferences or if you’re a part of a community, attempt to network with as many individuals as you can. Building a network of reliable contacts can advance your career. To increase your social network, get in touch with those that inspire you.
- Read books; there are many excellent books available that can teach you how to become a machine learning engineer from scratch or help you improve your current skills.
Don’t give up; give it a shot and mix it up.
Machine learning engineers may experience a rise in the upcoming years as businesses strive hard to design and produce cutting-edge goods. Additionally, investing in technology and AI that promotes progress is one of the finest ways for a business to expand.
Thus, if you’re a data scientist, you have a promising future.