As a Technical Support Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in driving usage and adoption of our GenAI infrastructure/SaaS solution. As a member of our Customer Success and Experience team, you will engage directly with our users, using your technical expertise to troubleshoot and help users resolve issues across OctoAI’s various domains, including image generation, text generation, and the general compute service.
- Become an OctoAI product expert and deliver outstanding technical support to our self-serve users, ensuring they can adopt the platform and scale production workloads with ease.
- Engage users via multiple channels (ticketing system, live chat, Discord, Slack) to identify and resolve technical support requests while continuing to educate customers on the use of the platform.
- Escalate complex questions as necessary and serve as a liaison between self-serve users and internal teams.
- Investigate and document bugs and feature requests to share with Product and Engineering teams and participate in conversations to prioritize them.
- Provide feedback regarding internal support processes, product functionality, and customer education resources to improve the customer experience.
- Improve user-facing documentation and materials as needed.
- Rotate after hours on-call duty for P0 issues with other members of the CS&E team
What we look for:
- 2+ years work experience in software engineering or technical support at a SaaS company, preferably within a startup environment.
- Domain expertise in AI/ML, bonus points for having worked on a genAI product.
- Demonstrated ability to show a strong sense of user empathy.
- Experienced with Intercom, Linear, JIRA, or similar software and with DataDog or similar logging tools.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with an interest in developing expertise in a complex and constantly evolving product.
- Familiarity with cloud deployment technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and tools of major cloud providers (AWS/GCP).
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and use good judgment to prioritize tasks and drive initiatives to conclusion independently.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively in a clear, friendly writing style.
- Ability to be resourceful and resilient when faced with ambiguity and new challenges
$80,000 – $120,000 a year