We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who can be flexible on shifts. This is a growth role and a great entry point for an ExtraHop career. Real opportunities exist for career advancement within Support or in other business units. Support is the place to prove your worth and develop a base for career growth in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Support team, you will be both working with customers to resolve technical issues using a variety of internal resources and providing data analysis to understand and troubleshoot systems.
- Provide hardware and firmware deployment support for ExtraHop appliances, including issues with data feeds from network infrastructure, virtual switches, and packet forwarders
- Document incident cases, feature requests, and customer questions
- Escalate technical cases to the appropriate technical resource
- Act as the single point of contact for customer questions and concerns
- Provide professional, concise communication with customers
- Act as a team player to augment the Remote Data Analysis team duties including preparation of analysis reports
Required Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a Support Engineer who can help us grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this hands-on position, you’ll need the following background:
- At least one years of experience in IS or IT
- Experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking and virtual systems
- Working knowledge of the OSI Model
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and multicast
- Working knowledge of application protocols including HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, and LDAP
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline such as information technology, computer science, business, or engineering