Our mission is to help software teams execute and make decisions faster, encourage healthy cross-functional collaboration, and grow as an organization without losing speed.
Design is in our DNA. Our Co-founder, Andrew Childs, studied art and design at RISD and has 20 years of experience crafting digital products. Our CEO, Kurt Schrader, has 20 years of experience as an engineering leader. We believe design details add up and ultimately determine if a product is delightful to use. We like experimenting, trusting our intuition, and creative problem-solving over following a rigid process. We believe diverse perspectives result in a more collaborative environment, and ultimately a better user experience.
About the role
Collaboration, empathy, and leadership are the core competencies for this role. In practice, this means you will have a say in the team’s direction as they look to you to be an ultimate champion for the user experience. You will have the opportunity to work outside of your team and have a hand in shaping the direction of our design system and the company culture. You will also have ample support from the executive team, who will ensure you have what you need to grow your career.
Salary Range: $175,000 to $200,000
What you’ll do
- Design system: Actively contribute to the design system, help determine whether components are single-use or multi-use, and partner with PM and Engineers to ensure utilization of the current iteration of UI components
- Domain knowledge: Become an expert in your teams’ focus areas: product, context, and relevant dependencies
- Product knowledge: Deeply understand the technology and features of the team you are assigned and proactively learn about other areas of the product
- Research: Independently conduct solution validation and usability studies with minimal guidance from UX Research and your manager to identify insights that fulfill user and business needs
- Deliverables: Create deliverables at the appropriate fidelity and type that will help define the vision and execution of solving real user problems
- Communication: Communicate the results of your work and decisions made along the way, with a strong point of view using clear language that simplifies the complexity
- Iteration: Think big, act small, and know what “good enough” looks like by collaborating with stakeholders and peers to get solutions in the hands of customers without any unnecessary delay
- Design critique: Regularly participate in Design Critiques, and model best practices for giving and receiving feedback
- Three or more years of experience as a Product Designer
- A bachelor’s degree in a design discipline or equivalent working experience
- Experience working with SaaS (software as a service) products is desirable but not required
- Experience working with software developer collaboration products is also desirable but also not required
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer a sizable equity stake in the company. You’ll work on a solution that improves the lives of the teams who use it. We want and value your input as we work sustainably and iterate in the right direction. We expect you to work at your natural pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy life/work balance. We all have lives outside of work (family, travel, hobbies, etc.), and there’s no expectation of working after hours or over the weekend.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.