VAST Data is a revolutionary IT infrastructure company with the world’s first unified data platform for the AI era. We help organizations around the world unlock radical intelligence and utility by bringing storage, database, and containerized compute into a single, scalable software platform for modern data centers and clouds. We equip them to make better decisions, innovate and solve previously impossible problems for the benefit of business and, in turn, society.
At VAST, you will be surrounded by smart and hard working coworkers who are passionate about what they do. The company culture encourages a high level of autonomy and accountability- you can expect to grow both your hard and soft skills significantly. This is a great opportunity to be part of one of the fast-growing startups of all time.
As a Brand Designer, you will be responsible for evolving and executing VAST’s brand language across a wide range of mediums for internal and external communication. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, enjoys working with a fast-paced team, and has experience designing dynamic brand experiences and marketing campaigns. You will collaborate closely with Design, Marketing, Sales, and Product teams.
We’re looking for innovative, talented and hard-working people to join our fast-growing team… join us and discover just how VAST the possibilities are.
- Consult with team members to achieve objectives.
- Design beautiful marketing assets such as layouts & advertising, social media posts, web banners, email marketing design, web landing pages, brochures and digital collateral, trade show graphics, with light video and animation
- Create beautiful design systems that make a positive impact.
- Can envision and execute a brand visual system in a holistic way.
- Understands timelines and can meet established schedules, timeframes, and deliverables set to be delivered to stakeholders
- Maintain the highest standards for all deliverables produced by VAST.
- Build robust visual libraries within Adobe Creative Suite for VAST
- Work on branding projects, from brainstorming and initial concepts through final production.
- Creation of comprehensive brand identity style guides and presentations.
- Meet deadlines and take initiative with project management.
- Be culturally connected by understanding new waves and trends.
- Actively contribute to the development of the studio culture and standards of quality
- Always create an environment that is collaborative, dependable, insightful, innovative, memorable, passionate, agile, driven, diverse, analytical, and deliberate.
- Once settled into the position, encouraged to bring new processes and improvement ideas to the table
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of design experience, either in-house or working for an agency
- Portfolio that showcases a strong grasp of graphic design fundamentals and conceptual thinking
- Strong visualization skills (e.g. comping, sketching) and skills art directing digital mediums (web, video, motion)
- In-House experience: fluid, faced-paced environment, with ability to multitask within a day
- Easy and positive collaboration across departments, contractors, and agencies
- Ability to define, establish, and explain various design standards used in high quality visuals.
- Proficiency in standard creative software (e.g., Adobe suite, Figma) and the ingenuity to use unfamiliar tools to hack together a solution when needed
- Thoughtfully articulates opinions to defend and critique design choices
- A self-directed, critical thinker
- Works efficiently and finds ways to deliver results in tight turnarounds
- Appetite for learning and growing
- Excitement to be part of a team and collaborate to deliver amazing experiences
- U.S. / Remote