Do you have a background in developer-focused SaaS customer support and a passion for modern API technologies? As the next Senior Technical Solutions Engineer on Apollo’s User Advocacy team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your top-notch technical problem-solving skills and your knack for delivering exemplary customer service to help support some of the leading companies that are adopting GraphQL today.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of GraphQL, Apollo, and related cloud technologies to serve as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers. You’ll contribute to all aspects of customer support at Apollo, including managing support cases about Apollo’s OSS and SaaS products to completion, contributing to self-serve support documentation, and occasionally supporting customers on live calls.
If collaborating with a tight-knit team and supporting some of the most interesting and innovative projects in the GraphQL space today sounds like fun to you, then we’d love to have you join our team as a Senior Technical Solutions Engineer.
What you’ll do
- Become well-versed in Apollo OSS and SaaS products to answer a variety of customer inquiries
- Respond to and resolve customer support tickets efficiently while maintaining positive customer satisfaction ratings
- Prioritize customer support issues based on severity and, when required, escalate requests to the appropriate team members
- Directly engage and collaborate with engineering and product teams to quickly resolve reported bugs
- Develop, author, and maintain internal and customer-facing technical support documentation
- Support projects that help streamline and automate customer support processes
- You have the technical acumen and aptitude to ramp up on Apollo’s software stack and understand the broader technical contexts in which Apollo’s customers use those products.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment and are driven to deliver successful outcomes for customers as efficiently as possible.
- You have demonstrable technical problem-solving skills and feel the freedom to candidly say, “I don’t know, but I am going to find out.”
- Customers and internal team members recognize you as a sincere communicator who strives to deliver results.
- Experience providing customer service for developer products
- Familiarity with the modern cloud-native stack: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, OpenTelemetry, CI/CD
- Familiarity with SSO/federated authentication methods (SAML, OIDC) and their components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Ability to work 8-5PM PT when on-call rotation
- Experience with GraphQL (ideally, Apollo Client and Apollo Server)
- Experience with Apollo Federation and GraphOS
- Experience with Kotlin or Swift
- Experience with Go or Rust
$95,000 – $118,000 a year