We’re looking for a stellar Senior Staff Product Designer to lead design projects of significant scope, complexity, and ambiguity working across organizational and strategic boundaries.
You’ll join Shopify UX, where exceptional talent gathers to consistently deliver outstanding work in the quest to make commerce better for everyone. The devotion of our industry-leading team isn’t just a job; it’s our unwavering passion. We sweat the details, constantly striving to deliver exceptional experiences. Empathy drives us, immersing ourselves in a deep understanding of the entrepreneurial experience, delivering solutions that make our entire ecosystem of users feel seen, celebrated, and inspired. Creative courage fuels our innovation, encouraging bold ideas and embracing experimentation. Open collaboration, feedback, and critique are valued as we push each other to continuously improve. We embrace cutting-edge tools and methods, exploring AI-based technologies; empowering our team to skill up in areas that increase their knowledge and business impact. With curiosity and innovation, we deliver extraordinary value and embrace new creative challenges. If you seek a team that shares your dedication and empowers you to do the best work of your life, you’ve found us at Shopify UX.
Note: All candidates must submit a portfolio of work or work samples to be considered for this role
- Seek necessary resources, develop strategic plans, and make impactful decisions across products, projects, processes, and people, ensuring operational excellence and consistently raising UX and product quality to an advanced level.
- Proactively identify and address high complexity, mission-critical problems, driving impactful solutions and serving as a trusted anchor for cross-functional teams, demonstrating advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex challenges.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to establish design direction for challenging and ambiguous problem areas, providing thought leadership and guidance to the Shopify UX community, while also influencing and aligning with broader organizational goals and strategies.
- Independently drive all UX aspects of product outcomes, showcasing advanced leadership skills and the ability to take ownership of complex projects without the need for senior UX Lead supervision, while also mentoring and guiding mid-level and junior UXers.
- Advise marketing, design system, and related teams to ensure a cohesive and exceptional user experience, leveraging broad influence and advanced expertise to shape and enhance the overall UX strategy, while also contributing to the advancement of design systems and best practices.
- Demonstrate advanced operational skills, including the ability to streamline feedback loops and processes for efficient and inclusive collaboration, while cultivating positive and productive relationships with direct collaborators, stakeholders, and senior leadership, acting as a steward of UX and design quality at an elevated level.