Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You need to be an excellent communicator who thrives on connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
What you’ll do here:
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and escalations with key stakeholders
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize product delivery
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Oversee and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product and Development efforts
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience in project management and/or agile team facilitation
- You have a strong background in CX and/or within an Agency environment, preferred
- You demonstrate passion for agile development
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- You have strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- You have a proven track record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You have demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools’
- You have the ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- You show flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
Nice to haves:
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
- Experience in SaaS or similar industries
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $107,000 to $128,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.