BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, easy to use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Engineering team! Reporting directly to the SVP Engineering, you will drive the end-to-end delivery of OKRs and projects. As part of the job, you will work closely with a number of stakeholders across the organization to make sure projects are successfully delivered to our customers. You’ll have multiple projects on the go at any given time, so you should be able to easily handle competing priorities.
- Drive and deliver engineering OKRs and cross-teams projects through collaboration with other leads
- Own and manage project estimating, timeline development, resource scheduling, and coordinating product releases
- Regularly report to project stakeholders to keep them in the know about project plan shifts, newly identified risks, and how upcoming milestones are tracking
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the project scope and business case are clearly defined and documented
- Ensure larger projects are broken down and estimated to establish reliable delivery dates
- Ensure smooth cross-functional team hand-offs and work closely with teams to resolve issues as they arise
- Work with teams to identify and remove roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments
- Manage multiple client implementations and projects/tasks simultaneously
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing risks inherent in leading highly complex projects
- An educational background or working experience in a life sciences discipline
- Notable experience working at a senior level in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies and best practices
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- Experience managing the delivery of engineering work, and communicating risks and outcomes with stakeholders
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams towards timely task completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment!
Nice to haves, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup
Our benefits and perks:
- An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
- A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan for proactive health awareness
- Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
- Additional time-off: Winter Holiday (Dec 25-Jan 1), Summer Holiday, your birthday, and more!
- An Oculus Quest 2 to connect with your team members in Virtual Reality
- An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
- Complimentary Headspace account to support mental wellness and focus
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe to better understand your health through your DNA
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focused, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.