Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook.
As a product team, we are obsessed with designing clear and simple experiences that elevate the human elements of care delivery. We take pride in designing solutions that encompass team composition, workflow and process, as well as digital tools. If you are a strategic designer who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
We’re looking for data scientists to join our team. You’ll develop predictive models and algorithms to improve our operations platform and help us provide a better service to our clients. We’re looking for generalist data scientists who are excited to jump into new problems and write production-quality code.
About the work:
- Leverage data to solve meaningful problems with appropriate complexity
- Collaborate with a diverse team across engineering, care operations, product management, sales and marketing, and more.
- Research operational/logistical problems and proactively identify potential solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate descriptive and predictive models.
- Integrate machine learning into user-facing applications.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Excellent mathematical and statistical fundamentals, including a degree in a quantitative field (such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics) or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional experience shipping Python in a production environment.
- 3+ years of industry experience (or 5+ years of experience).
- Experience with numerical software packages such as NumPy, scikit-learn, or Keras.
Sound like a fit? Apply below!
Honor is remote friendly! We’re hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we’ll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you’re looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we’d love to talk to you.