Sales Support Associate (SSA) is a support extension of the sales team to drive greater efficiency and productivity for the sales organization. The Sales Support Associate will be responsible for maintaining understanding of Lumen’s internal sales systems and processes while acting as the subject matter expert for all internal questions and escalations around these processes.
At Lumen we know that our customers deserve the best possible experience when working with our team members and sales professionals. As the sales process needs to be unique and customized for the customer, we are looking to bring on Sales Support Associates who are the driving force behind efficiency and productivity in the Sales organization. Our SSAs are fully integrated into the sales process and will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, passion and expertise by handling escalations and questions around the sales process.
The Main Responsibilities
- Supporting pre & post-sale activities around project quoting, order support & accuracy, and ensuring proper sales recognition. The focus of the role is to limit administrative burden on sellers while enabling sales to focus on customer facing/revenue generating activities
- Serve as subject matter expert for quote creation and order submission for sales representatives. Providing guidance to sales team and end-to-end accountability on the order creation to sales recognition process.
- Administrative tasks involve Salesforce management (accuracy and accountability of opportunity value), SFDC reporting and supporting forecasting efforts of sales team, assisting with meeting Sales Exit Criteria, and managing large data sets for customer quoting/ordering.
- Expedite sales process by facilitating requests with appropriate internal groups, coordinating completion, and ensuring timely responses.
- Facilitate service inventory investigation.
- Provide support to sales staff as needed.
- Will provide direct sales support by utilizing a variety of organizational and project management skills.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Strong cognitive skills to grasp complex systems and process (Positive attitude and willingness to learn complex systems and processes)
- Be flexible to learn new process and articulate effectively to broader sales audience (you can remove based on revision to top bullet)
- Governance and accountability to drive productivity of sales team
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to fulfill basic duties of the role.
- Up to 2 years’ experience around sales or marketing support
- Ability to work with senior management to complete assigned tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with complex databases and systems
- Experience with Salesforce and Excel applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, pro-active, and results-oriented professional
- Develop effective working relationships with peers, sales team and across organizational lines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
The starting salary for this role differs based on the employee’s primary work location. Employees typically do not start at the top of the range, though compensation depends on each individual’s qualifications.
Location Based Pay Ranges
$44532 – $55664 in these states: AR, ID, KY, LA, ME, MS, NE, SC, and SD.
$46800 – $58650 in these states: AZ, AL, FL, GA, IN, IA, KS, MO, MT, NM, ND, OH, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT, WV, WI, and WY.
$49219 – $61524 in these states: CO, HI, MI, MN, NV, NH, NC, OR, and RI.
$51563 – $64454 in these states: AK, CA, CT, DE, DC, IL, MD, MA, NJ, NY, TX, VA, and WA.