Mailchimp’s Customer Support Team works around the clock to help and empower our users all over the world via chat, email, and phone support. Our support agents are extremely smart and slightly weird, and we’re looking to grow our team. You will be interacting with our diverse user base every single day assisting with their questions and challenges. You are a self-starter, with excellent communication skills and a knack for connecting with others. You are passionate about helping others, strive to provide extraordinary support, and flourish in a fast paced collaborative team environment. Tech-savviness is great, but more important is a willingness to grasp the ins and outs of the Mailchimp app, a strong desire to learn new things, and comfort giving and receiving feedback. You will also assist in the process of identifying bugs, providing feedback, and improving our app. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do here:
- Engage with customers and troubleshoot issues through chat, email and phone channels
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues varying in complexity and determine the appropriate course of action
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Meet internal Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Metrics
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Recognize trends with reported issues and communicate them to appropriate internal teams
- Partner and collaborate with leadership on strategic projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Have 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role for a SasS technology company
- Have proven work experience as exceptional technical support professional
- Have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Have excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- Have the ability to be resilient and adaptable to a dynamically changing business and product
- Are self motivated and internally driven
- Are trustworthy and reliable with a high level of integrity
- Are customer obsessed
- Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Familiar with helpdesk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Background in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $44,000 to $60,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.