About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for it’s first dedicated payroll hire to own the global payroll process. Working alongside both finance and people operations this role is a key part of our growth and scale plans. You will help not only with scaling a global payroll operation for a rapidly growing, multi-national company but also helping on further international expansion. This role will suit someone who likes to build and drive change and can bring their prior experience to add value and partner with a rapidly growing organisation
What to expect?
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple teams to ensure all payroll information is complete
- Work with and manage external payroll agencies to ensure proper processing of payroll data globally
- Act as a quality control review to ensure the payroll is accurately processed, paid and recorded
- Manage internal timelines, calendars and drive the process to ensure all global payrolls are processed on time
- Be first point of contact with employees on all payroll related matters
- Work closely with HR, Finance, commission and stock teams and others to drive process improvements, ensure clear documentation and continue a collaborative approach to ensuring a smooth end to end payroll process
- Work with finance on adequate internal controls and SOX documentation.
- Be a critical partner on future international growth and system change or improvement initiatives.
What you need to be successful?
- Experience in running a full payroll cycle, ideally having set up payroll in numerous locations
- Have managed payroll in a rapidly growing organisation
- Have managed payroll in at least 3 different countries, including the United States and at least one European country
- Have experience with wage tax, social insurances, and employee benefits
- Have managed payroll for an organization of 1,000+ employees
- Experience implementing payroll systems and with HRMS integrations
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation
- Demonstrable experience of driving change and improvements in payroll processes with an emphasis on scale and automation.
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!