The brand merchandise coordinator supports Marketing as well as cross-functional teams handling the merchandising, stocking, fulfillment, delivery, timelines, and success metrics for promotional merchandise from event giveaways to customer and new hire onboarding packages. This position sits within the Elastic Corporate Events team focused on the strategic development and maintenance of the Elastic branded merchandise store.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own it! A creative professional who specializes in sourcing, managing, and curating a company’s promotional products and event materials. Duties fulfilled include supervising the buying process, forecasting inventory demands and trends, and negotiating pricing with suppliers.
- Plan it. Create and implement merchandising strategies. Develop and own detailed merchandising plans and documentation to monitor and track progress against a long-term growth plan. Prepare annual and quarterly budgets, and present them to the relevant partners and team members.
- Make it happen! Create eye-catching online store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company. Collaborate with the multiple departments to brainstorm new promotional products, event assets, and business ideas. Ensure that all deadlines, inventory requirements, and customer orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Report out on performance. Track inventory movement and systematically introduce promotions, sales, price changes, etc. Identify trends and monitor supply and demand.
- Improve the process. Collaboratively work to improve process and efficiency surrounding supply and demand. Interpret sales reports and provide guidance on how to improve figures and customer engagement. Continually strive to streamline current processes, through new tools or automation.
- Are you ready to set the standard? Engage with the Marketing team and company-wide stakeholders to support and influence projects that benefit and advance the efficiency of the online store and expand influential brand advocacy.
What You Bring Along:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and experience managing global vendor relationships. Familiarity with project management techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to create alignment, consensus and drive decisions cross-functionally.
- Strategic, critical problem solver who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds, and is also able to view projects from a larger perspective as well; real passion for sourcing promotional materials and problem solving.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and lead change.
- A preferred candidate is skilled and experienced at eliciting the best out of the people and projects that they are responsible for. They thrive when planning projects and working with teams globally.
- Experience using project management tools such as: Google Suite, Monday.com, GitHub, and Salesforce.
- Metrics driven and analytical, experience interpreting sales reports, identifying trends and monitoring supply and demand.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $74,200 and $102,000, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.