GlobeIn is seeking a strategically-minded lifecycle marketer with a passion for the development of communication that establishes long-lasting relationships with customers.
The Lifecycle Marketer is responsible for building, executing and measuring programs across email, SMS and push notifications to drive acquisition, engagement and customer retention for GlobeIn.
The right candidate is an analytical self-starter who is driven by results. You should be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and excited by the opportunity to be hands-on and experiment with CRM in a startup.
You will manage the end-to-end development and execution of campaigns, including the creative process, identifying target audience segments, sending campaigns and tracking results.
This is an opportunity to help us take our marketing to the next level and make a big impact on the revenue of our company, while working within an enthusiastic team that’s passionate about making a difference.
We’re looking for someone who can start as soon as possible in a full-time role. While GlobeIn is based in San Francisco, this role can be performed remotely if preferred.
This role will report to the Director of Growth Marketing.
- Plan and create acquisition and retention campaigns across email, push, onsite notifications and in-app notifications.
- Think strategically about the various customer journeys that exist for GlobeIn customers or prospective customers, and determine the best way to communicate with them along their journey in order to activate, onboard, engage, educate, upsell, and retain them.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance, and provide weekly and monthly reports to the wider marketing team.
- Manage end-to-end email campaign production and execution, including strategy and creative, campaign set up, list segmentation, deployment and reporting.
- Identify opportunities and develop email strategy for inactive users.
- Develop email strategies to improve overall channel performance, including creative optimization, A/B split testing, and automated and triggered campaigns.
- Use a test and learn approach to optimize program effectiveness, leverage reporting and analytics to analyze campaign performance and track campaign KPI’s.
- Remain informed on industry trends, both in terms of the channels you run and competitor strategies.
- Maintain a calendar of marketing campaigns, both seasonal and recurring, and strategize how and when to include additional content into communications.
- Work with copywriters to create blog content where necessary for your strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Ecommerce Product and Customer Support to ensure campaign messaging supports business goals.
- Analyze and report on performance and identify actionable opportunities to improve.
- Implement UTM tracking.
- Ensure email sender score is within recommended levels.
- Strategize and implement tactics to grow our active newsletter list.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working in email marketing, SMS marketing, or other CRM marketing role.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and grow.
- Flexibility and adaptability–we move fast and things change often.
- Strong planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ESP/CRM platforms, Klaviyo and Attentive preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Ability to code HTML preferred.
- Understanding of email best practices, i.e. CAN-SPAM laws, subject lines, benchmarks for open rates and click through rates, etc.
- Great team player, positive and proactively looks for problems that need solving, then solves them.
- A humble attitude and belief that there’s always more to learn.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to self-edit.
- A natural flair for writing copy that gets the message across in the most brief and inspiring way.
- Comfortable with data and metrics; strong analytical ability with test and learn mentality for tweaking, experimenting, and continuous optimization.
- Please include a cover letter outlining your experience and why you want to work in this role for GlobeIn. Include answers to the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have working in email or other CRM marketing?
- Which ESP / CRM platforms have you worked with?
- Why do you want to work for GlobeIn?
- Please note we can only respond to applicants we are moving to the next stage.
GlobeIn is a startup with a big vision to disrupt poverty and solve a real global billion-person problem. We’re fighting poverty through job creation and fair wages, one artisan at a time. Through our subscription box and online shop, we delight our mindful customers with crafted, distinct goods and the stories about the artisans who created them.
Funded and advised by Deepak Chopra (influencer and writer), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), David Gorodyansky (founder & CEO of AnchorFree), Dawn Lepore (Board of Directors of AOL, formerly Board of eBay), Jason Brown (former VP at Zynga and eBay), GlobeIn raised $2.8M in their Series A round. GlobeIn HQ is based in a beautiful office in Potrero Hill in San Francisco.