About The Role:
Your role is essential to our success as we look to grow our legal team. This role will sit in our operations arm and will report to our CEO. This is the first time Accredible is bringing a legal resource in house, so in particular we are searching for someone who likes the challenge of building and optimizing processes. This role will be responsible for ensuring Accredible can move sales agreements quickly through the legal process. Protecting Accredible against risk whilst also maintaining speed of execution is essential. You will also be responsible for assessing and optimising the legal process to improve speed of negotiations and reduce cost to Accredible.
Your day to day job will include:
- Managing the sales legal pipeline
- Negotiating legal terms with prospective clients
- Liaising with specialist third party legal firms where needed
- Reviewing and ratifying all sales legal agreements
- Be the in-house voice for all sales legal matters
- Improve and Optimise the legal process
- Legal Savviness. You must have experience in redlining and negotiating US corporate law agreements.
- Attention to detail. You must easily be able to spot mistakes, errors or oversights.
- Negotiation. Must be an excellent negotiator and able to understand and mitigate objections.
- Risk analysis. Must be able to quickly understand and calculate potential legal risks to Accredible.
- Organization. Must be extremely organized and able to handle many agreements at once.
- Communication. Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive communicator: You are self-driven and able to voluntarily, clearly, and succinctly communicate ideas and problems to peers to customers. You maintain high standards of written and verbal communication.
- Honesty & Integrity: You do what is right, don’t cut corners that aren’t ethical and are open about your work.
- Openness to criticism & ideas: You understand that we have to constantly improve and aren’t shy about seeking and receiving suggestions for areas of improvement.
- Enthusiastic: You demonstrate the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information. You can research best practices and make use of them. You want to learn and grow and are excited to take on new challenges.
- Quick learner: You know that you need to actively learn and develop yourself and take pride in developing new skills.
- Proactive in problem-solving: You are able to take initiative, responsibility and solve issues yourself.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible hours & remote work
- A close, dedicated startup team who are passionate about improving the education system and who are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital investors
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
- 35 days paid vacation time
- Many additional perks!