Khoros is looking for a junior corporate counsel for its fast-paced Legal and Compliance Department to help with contract review and negotiation, compliance, data protection and privacy, and general corporate matters. The ideal candidate is someone who can establish rapport and build positive, trusted working relationships with management, colleagues, vendors, and customers.
This is an exciting position for a new or junior attorney to work with talented senior lawyers and receive hands-on training on all aspects of a SaaS company’s legal needs — both internally and customer-facing.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and revise, with minimal supervision, multiple types of contracts including, confidentiality agreements, customer agreements, vendor agreements, outsourcing agreements, marketing agreements, settlement agreements, and data protection agreements.
- Prepare responses to legal questions on customer RFPs and/or RFIs, and be able to balance risk and opportunity to support Khoros in winning deals.
- Answer contract-related questions, determine contractual obligations, and resolve contractual disputes.
- Draft, review, revise, and advise on policies, templates, press releases, and public-facing documents.
- Conduct research on commercial matters, draft recommendation memos, and conduct basic risk assessments.
- Assess Khoros’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures to monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and manage projects relating to operations and business needs to identify, analyze, and minimize risks.
- Manage either the Department’s subject-access-request tool or compliance tool.
- Provide general legal advice to the business.
- Collaborate and support senior lawyers with various Department initiatives, either as a result of ad hoc issues that arise or in connection with long-term objectives.
- Must have a law degree and be licensed to practice law in the US state in which you will be working.
- 1-2 years of legal experience preferred. If a candidate has under 1 year of experience, they must have been a member of Law Review or held a judicial clerkship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to write well is foundational to successfully performing in this role.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Ability to explain legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Independent, self-motivated, highly organized, with strong time-management skills.
- Inquisitive and always seeking to do things better and faster.
- Ability to speak French and/or German a plus.