As a Lead UX Designer, you will manage projects and architect complex solutions at a team level. You will work on end-to-end projects with agency and in concert with our UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, and Internal teams. You will think through the end-to-end user journey of your product space and support the design and delivery of cohesive products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Partner with UX Research and Data teams to develop and foster a deep understanding of the behaviors, needs, and motivations of our users that will inform products, services, and organizational decisions. Partner with the Research team to lead conceptual work to explore new opportunities.
- Actively promote the use of research and data to inform your product team’s work as well as the work of your Design team peers.
- Proactively work with the Research team as well as making independent use of research tools to conduct studies that inform the work of your entire product space.
- Lead the end-to-end design process for your broader product space. Partner closely with cross-functional teams through each stage of the design process to deliver UX between various stages.
- Lead the end-to-end design process of your team’s product space, including working with cross-functional partners to define timelines, trade-offs, constraints, etc.
- Support the ideation and design of the end-to-end user journey of your product space, including work led by other designers.
- Be actively aware of industry best practices, pull from personal experience, and work to improve visual communication across our product.
- Contribute to the ATS Design System through project work that explores and delivers solutions for components and styles.
- Proactively implement and follow our organizational design principles and industry best practices while always prioritizing the best interests of the user.
- Build and foster a strong Design and Research team culture as a key participant in team crits, providing constructive feedback while keeping research and data at the forefront.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience working with remote, geographically distributed, cross-functional teams on complex product features.
- Experience leading end-to-end delivery of products, starting from ideation and discovery to pixel-perfect mocks.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on product ideas and pitches, including the design and delivery of MVPs.
- Experience leading discovery, ideation, and user research sessions.
- A user-first approach to UX design that grounds decisions in research and data. Experience incorporating research into your design process to inform UX decisions.
- Strong storytelling skills and experience presenting to audiences at multiple levels of an organization.
- Comfort working in a culture of feedback and the ability to approach conflict with curiosity.
- Dedication to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, and a commitment to not just welcoming, but centering and amplifying, backgrounds and points of view that differ from yours.
- Passion for progressive causes and politics and the desire to spend your time making a meaningful impact by doing what you do best.
- Comfort with our design and tech stacks and the courage to dive with curiosity into areas outside of your comfort zone.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Design stack: Figma, Adobe Suite, Miro
- Tech stack: Storybook, Styled Components, React, and other modern front-end technologies
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ATS is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Connecticut, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C. and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $192,000- $201,000